Saturday 29 March 2014

INTERNATIONAL LOVE

RED WEDDING















Couple of weeks back I was hired to do makeup & hair for sweet Lena and Sudips's BIG wedding day.

I met up at Hotel Vajra 6.30 AM(!)and amongst friends of the bride, saris, jewellery, shoes & flowers, I did the brides hair and makeup, before she was swirled & draped into a beautiful, red sari,jewellery on the forehead, around the wrists, ankles & neck- It is all in the details! 
 We managed to get the bride ready, but then turned out the groom was running late. 
Just another traffic jam here in Kathmandu. 
What to say? This is Nepal ;) 

Friends and family had helped building & decorating a small tempel in the hotel garden for the main ceremony to be held.
 It was a beautiful, sunny spring day &fresh flowers & colorful prayer flags,dancing people,BlingBling & live music.
And this was at 11 AM (: 

From 5 PM we had one short hour to redo Lena's hair & make for the evening reception. 
I stayed and enjoyed the party for some time,
 then at 9 PM I was back in my bed. 

Great day, happy vibes!
I love my job! 

* All the best to Lena & Sudip *

x Karoline





No comments:

Post a Comment